Life can be very busy and we all could use some good ways to relax. It seems like there is so much to do everyday just to stay ahead of all the bills, raise our kids right, make dinner, and all the other things that life seems to throw at us. Let’s slow things down just a bit and learn so good ways to relax.
What Are Some Good Ways to Relax?
There are many things that you can do to relax. I can already hear you saying that you don’t have time to relax because there is so much that needs to be done, but you need to learn how to relax because it is good for your mental and physical health. The inability to relax can lead to stress, which can lead to serious health problems. So, it is better to learn how to relax before you find yourself stressed.
If you find yourself getting stressed out very easily with no hope of relaxing, then you need to read this article on the best ways to get rid of ongoing stress on We Stress Free.
|On my site you will find affiliate links along with other links. I get paid for the referral at no extra cost to you. Rest assured, that I will only recommend products I have tried and enjoy using. You can learn more about my Affiliate Policy by Clicking Here|
Let’s take a look at a few great relaxing ideas.
1) Take in a deep slow breath. That’s right, it is that easy. Just stop all of your hustle and bustle and take a minute to focus on your breath. Slowly take a deep breath in through your nose. Push out with your belly when you take in this breathso you can open up your lungs fully.
Hold this deep inhale for about three seconds and then exhale slowly out you mouth. Breath deep and slowly like this for one minute and notice how much better you feel. I enjoy just taking one minute out of the day to focus on breathing. Everytime I feel a little anxious, I stop and breath and then move to this next relaxing idea.
2) Think about how great your life is. Finding gratitude for all that you have while breathing slowly is a great way to release even more stress and relax more deeply in a short amount of time. I find that becoming thankful for everything I have in life and everything I have already accomplished for the day makes it easier for me to relax and take on the final task for the day with a smile on my face. Read this earlier post to learn how to practice gratitude.
3) Give yourself a hug. Doesn’t it feel great to get a hug? Give yourself a squeeze by wrapping your arms around your body. You can even give away hugs if you are around people willing to accept them. I don’t recommend giving hugs to strangers, but if you want… give it a try. It might make someone else feel better too.
These first three ideas are great for busy, on-the-go people who feel like there is not enough time in the day to relax. These next ideas require we take some time out of the day to learn new ways to relax. Once you practice these ideas for a time, you will find it becomes easier and less time-consuming to get the benefits from these techniques.
You might even find them so enjoyable that they become a part of your daily routine that you enjoy doing. Remember, we are protecting ourselves from health and mental issues by learning how to relax. Life is so much easier when you know how to handle stress and relax throughout the day.
4) Learn some easy meditation techniques. Meditation is becoming more popular and the health benefits from practicingit is being taught by professionals. You can check out 10 benefits of meditation by reading this quick post on We Stress Free. The author breaks down the mental and physical health benefits of mediation in language that is easy to understand.
I know that many people think meditation takes time out of each day. Did you know that there is such a thing as 3-minute meditations? That’s right, you can listen to these short guided meditations and get all the benefits of clearing your mind and relaxing in just 3-minutes. Buy your own by using this link
Below is a video of sharing some great ways to relax. If the video is not present, then refresh this page and it should appear.
5) Soak in a nice warm bath. I think we all already know how good it feels it soak in a warm bath. Warm water instantly relaxes the body and helps reduce stress to the point that we can relax more easily. A nice warm shower can provide the same benefits. Floating in a pool or a large body of water is just as pleasant.
6) Write in a journal. I love writing in my journal. I can write anything I want without limitations. I can use any language and express any emotion I want within my private journal. It is great to write out all of my thoughts so I can see them on paper. It allows me to regroup my ideas and see it from a readers point of view. Gratitude Journals are great for listing things that make you happy and enjoy.
7) Take some time to play. Many adults have been turning to coloring books, word search, and crossword puzzles to relax. Taking time to play with your child or pet is a great way to have fun and relax.
8) Give your pet some happy attention. Help Guide wrote about how spending time with pets can help you relax and put you in a better mood. I know when I come home from a tiring day of work, seeing how happy my dog is to see me puts an instant smile on my face. I relax giving her some pets and scratches and she enjoys the attention too. It’s a win-win for both of us.
9) Decide to be happy. Deciding to live in the state of happiness is one of the best ways to relax and live a life with less stress. When you live in the state of happiness, you carry faith that everything that happens in your life is for the better. Having this type of faith, doing deep breathing exercises, and enjoying the now is how I relax. It took some practice, but now it is second nature for me.
Which Method Do You Choose?
We have covered 9 easy ways to relax and I promise you, they really are easy. You can start doing them today and experience the benefits that each of them provide. If you think meditation is too time-consuming, now you know that there are ways to relax using binaural technology to reduce the amount of time needed to relax. All you need are earbuds and your smart phone. There are even 3 minute meditations that you can learn, so time is just an excuse you have for not trying meditation.
I personally enjoy deep breathing, living in the state of happiness, and petting my dog. I practiced meditating with much patience when I first started, but the use of binaural beats helped me reduce the amount of time needed to reach relaxing states of mind.
You can check the binaural beat library offered by the Mediation Club and learn about how well they work for more things than just finding inner peace and relaxing. Click on this link to learn more about the Meditation Club.
The easiest methods mentioned is probably breathing and soaking in a warm bath or floating on the water. But, if you don’t have time for that, find some relaxing background sounds, get in your car and roll up the windows, turn in the air conditioner, and chill for a moment. If you can’t find a quiet place in town, make your car the comfortable quiet place you are looking for. Relaxing is essential for a peace filled life.
==>I would love to hear your experiences, questions, and thoughts about this subject, so please feel free to leave a comment below. I normally respond within 24 hours. Feel free to share this information with anyone you think will benefit from it. Talk with you later, Greg<==